What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
· Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is based on years of research that supports the need to improve how primary care is delivered.
· It is an innovative, team-based approach to providing healthcare services.
· It is a partnership between the patient, primary clinician, and a healthcare team.
· Together, following evidence-based guidelines for medical care, the team will coordinate to provide the best health care services possible for you.
What can my Medical Home do for me?
· Your Medical Home Healthcare team will partner with you to organize your health care needs.
· A Medical Home:
o Means having a “home base” for your medical needs and medical information.
o Increases your access to care. For urgent care during hours, call GSPHC to schedule a same day appointment. Many urgent health care needs can be handled by your health care team and avoid the cost of an ER visit.
o Coordinates your care within our office, your specialists and, when needed, hospitals to provide personal medical care that is optimal for you.
o Will help improve communication between you and your health care team.
Who is on my Medical Team?
· A Medical Home Healthcare team is your chosen group of healthcare professionals working together to organize your healthcare needs using the best available tools, information and technology.
· This team may consist of providers, nurses, specialists, dentists, therapists and care coordinator.
Our Role As Your Healthcare Team:
· A safe environment to talk about your confidential concerns and treat you with respect, dignity and compassion.
· Address your questions and concerns at each appointment.
· Work together with you, using shared decision making to help you manage your health.
- Serve as the captain of your healthcare team, coordinating care both inside and outside of Great Salt Plains Health Center.